Just a Little Post
How's that for a title, my hungry young philanthropists? For, of course you are!
I am wasting time at the library. I am good at that these days. And of course I am doing the "hindsight is twenty/twenty" thing, because if I had waited just one minute more for the bus I could have gone downtown to get coffee. Then, I would have seen the phone call from my friend Maggie (all of you should be blessed with a cool friend named Maggie -- I love that name!). Then she would have mentioned the poetry group that was meeting, and I would have said hey, babe, I'm downtown, can I come? And, because she lives downtown, she woulda said, sure, and I would have had something fun to do. As it is, I went and fed my stomach in the uncomfortable environment of McDonald's, which prominently posts signs asking you to please get the hell out in thirty minutes. Now I'm here, having absolutely no fun whatsoever! Life sucks. I need some fun, I sure as shit do, people. Perhaps I can convince my friends that we need to go to the beach -- seeing the ocean just once this summer would be very lovely, indeed.
Lest you think my life is very spoiled -- ah, if only you knew! But it's OK, gentle reader of mine. I know that you are one of the very good souls out there in the universe, striving to make it a better place.
I don't know about you, but I slept horribly last night. I dreamt about my younger brother, who is a permanent resident of the mental health system, and in this dream he was himself again. It was a nice but sad dream, and I woke up feeling like I wanted to go back into it. I think some wise Chinese guy posed this question, something like am I a man dreaming about a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man? I know I just screwed that up, but maybe you get the gist anyway. It was probably Confucius (sp), he of fortune cookie fame. In fact I have a very bright acquaintance named Brian who carries around some book with Confucius' sayings in them. Some of them are actually worth pondering.
What else, what else? I rented The Changeling this past week. If you like old-fashioned ghost stories, I recommend this one. It's probably one of the scarier movies I've seen, plus it's fun. And it has that rascal himself, George C. Scott. I have a big ol'crush on George C. Scott. His eyes, his voice, that great laugh -- ah, now there was a man. Sigh. Too bad we didn't cross generations.
Oh yes, Suri Cruise evidently exists. I'm kind of disappointed, because the rumor floating around that the kid actually does not exist is too delicious for words. I mean, can you imagine anyone being that desperate for attention? Good ol'Tom, what are we to do with you? Rent "Top Gun", I guess!
My dear readers, whoever you may be (I'm thinking nil these days, but you never know -- if you're still out there, add a comment for goodness sakes! It would mean so much to me!), I will let you go. Into the night, into the woods, into the last of this summery stretch of overly hot days. May you be blessed, especially with copious amounts of ice tea.
Until we blog again.
I am wasting time at the library. I am good at that these days. And of course I am doing the "hindsight is twenty/twenty" thing, because if I had waited just one minute more for the bus I could have gone downtown to get coffee. Then, I would have seen the phone call from my friend Maggie (all of you should be blessed with a cool friend named Maggie -- I love that name!). Then she would have mentioned the poetry group that was meeting, and I would have said hey, babe, I'm downtown, can I come? And, because she lives downtown, she woulda said, sure, and I would have had something fun to do. As it is, I went and fed my stomach in the uncomfortable environment of McDonald's, which prominently posts signs asking you to please get the hell out in thirty minutes. Now I'm here, having absolutely no fun whatsoever! Life sucks. I need some fun, I sure as shit do, people. Perhaps I can convince my friends that we need to go to the beach -- seeing the ocean just once this summer would be very lovely, indeed.
Lest you think my life is very spoiled -- ah, if only you knew! But it's OK, gentle reader of mine. I know that you are one of the very good souls out there in the universe, striving to make it a better place.
I don't know about you, but I slept horribly last night. I dreamt about my younger brother, who is a permanent resident of the mental health system, and in this dream he was himself again. It was a nice but sad dream, and I woke up feeling like I wanted to go back into it. I think some wise Chinese guy posed this question, something like am I a man dreaming about a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man? I know I just screwed that up, but maybe you get the gist anyway. It was probably Confucius (sp), he of fortune cookie fame. In fact I have a very bright acquaintance named Brian who carries around some book with Confucius' sayings in them. Some of them are actually worth pondering.
What else, what else? I rented The Changeling this past week. If you like old-fashioned ghost stories, I recommend this one. It's probably one of the scarier movies I've seen, plus it's fun. And it has that rascal himself, George C. Scott. I have a big ol'crush on George C. Scott. His eyes, his voice, that great laugh -- ah, now there was a man. Sigh. Too bad we didn't cross generations.
Oh yes, Suri Cruise evidently exists. I'm kind of disappointed, because the rumor floating around that the kid actually does not exist is too delicious for words. I mean, can you imagine anyone being that desperate for attention? Good ol'Tom, what are we to do with you? Rent "Top Gun", I guess!
My dear readers, whoever you may be (I'm thinking nil these days, but you never know -- if you're still out there, add a comment for goodness sakes! It would mean so much to me!), I will let you go. Into the night, into the woods, into the last of this summery stretch of overly hot days. May you be blessed, especially with copious amounts of ice tea.
Until we blog again.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home